A New Year has begun
and so I'll take some time to
DEFINE myself.
Too often we RE-DEFINE ourselves
this time of year,
making ourselves over,
changing what doesn't work
what we don't like.
But how often do those stick?
So instead, I'll take some time
to figure out WHO I am.
I'll be honest: I still DON'T KNOW myself
fully
(So glad my Maker does!)
I am:
-neat (no apologies here
for a neat house upon your arrival
or for perhaps a slightly cluttered counter.
It's not about you, it's all about me.)
-organized
-creative (though it ebbs and flows
and needs a bit of polishing at times)
-kind
-loyal, a stickler for tradition, yet
willing to risk a break with it-- just to try it---
and later regret it
-generous (for I've been blessed with so much)
-good listener
-patient (though the kids know how to push its limits!)
-honest and open, yet private
-indecisive and even unsure
(of what I want, who I am, what I'm feeling)
-selfish (especially with me time)
-proud (aren't we all?)
Such a list is
incomplete
a work-in-progress
just like
me.
And though I cannot change
on my own
I know Someone
who draws me closer
everyday.
Loving me
Willing me
To allow Him to work from the inside
out
That I may be defined by Him
Transcending MY definitions, descriptions
Accepting my TRUE self:
Daughter of the KING.
And that's all the definition
I need.

2 comments:
Awesome.
Never apologize for beating neat, my sista!! :)
I MISS YOU! Love, Ali
Post a Comment