Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Weathering the Storm
Looks like our playset was the perfect place for our hawk (okay, the neighborhood hawk, but she holds a special place in our hearts, especially since she's helping to rid us of the adorable but pesky chipmunks that have taken up residence in our yard) to weather Hurricane Sandy. She (the hawk) showed up yesterday around 3 and stayed for about 30 minutes, before a particularly strong gust of wind encouraged her to find refuge elsewhere. I do hope she fared okay; like I said, she holds a special place in our hearts.
As for our family itself, we're just fine. The kids didn't mind staying inside all day yesterday (Hunter was upset today, though, when we were outside only long enough to get the mail and remove the trash can from the garage; that boy LOVES being outdoors), and were unfazed by the wind and rain last night. (Apparently Scott and I were, too; once I fell asleep, I didn't wake until Scott's alarm went off this morning.) Thankfully, too, there's no damage, just lots of leaves and several branches. Even better, my hubby didn't/ doesn't have to extend his shift at work. Considering what we had been expecting, I'd say that we fared really well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment