Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One Month Old

Hard to believe, but Hunter is now one month old. The time has passed so quickly, but I guess I knew it would. In some respects I'm grateful; being older means he's sleeping a bit more at night (not long stretches by any means, but more than just two or three hours at a time), and we're more into a routine. We've adjusted to being a family of four, even if we haven't returned to our usual stomping grounds (church, small group) as a complete unit yet. 

Hunter, like his sister, is a good baby. He LOVES to snuggle, so he tends to nap best when he's being cuddled or is cozied up in the Bjorn.  (Thankfully, he'll sleep just fine at night by himself.) When he's awake, he's calm and observant, taking in his surroundings with a watchful eye. 

He doesn't seem to mind his big sister's affections and attention, which is good since she lavishes both upon him regularly. (Recently she's started asking to hold "baby brother"; on occasion, she's tried picking him up on her own.) I'll be thankful when he's bigger and older, if only so that I'm not so concerned about Leah accidentally crushing Hunter with a hug and kiss.

 My Two Blessings from Above

 One Month Old (July 24, 2011)

1 comment:

Kay's Family said...

What a handsome little man! And, love the nursery bumper! :) Love ya!